Hey All!! It is time! Time we announce our Grand Opening Weekend for Juturna Springs. We will be having the local Fire Department Dive Team selling food and drink for the weekend. Lots of fun diving and good people. We will give you the date below. First, we want to tell you what to expect to be in place when you first arrive. Though we have a great many amenities planned for you, we are opening our doors with the basics and building everything out over the course of this summer. We appreciate your patience as we develop the facility to be the best it possibly can be.
What we will have:
- Training Platforms: 3 platforms that are 16ft wide by 32ft long. There will be two buoys with downlines on each platform.
- The Scuba Castle: It’s underwater, and it is cool. You’ll see.
- Changing Rooms: His and Hers climate controlled changing rooms. That’s right, even in the fall and winter, you can stay warm and toasty while changing.
- Picnic tables and Gear Stands: We have not been able to build you the pavilions yet, but we intend to provide plenty of seating and gear staging space. You are going to have to bring your own sun protection for now.
- Bathrooms: Ok, to start we won’t have the bathhouse. We did go all out to get the nicer port-a-pots. We also got several to avoid lines. This will hold us over until we can get the bath house built. And these models really are nice.
What we won’t have:
- Camping: We know this is a big one folks. Camping access is part of the development plan, but until we get the chosen space properly laid out we cannot have it. Luckily we are very close to Fredrick and an assortment of clean, quality accommodations for you to choose from if you are joining us from afar. We know this is not ideal and we are working as swiftly as we can to get that worked out.
- Air fills: We are getting the compressor building built close to the water, but we haven’t bought the compressor system yet. So, sadly, we can’t fill on site at this time. Though it is in the works, we will have to open without it running. There is a shop close by you may be able to run to for fills in the interim. I am not sure on the timing of this one, but the goal is for it to be the next thing we get installed.
- RV Hookups: Not yet guys. Sorry. It is in the plans for our build out but it isn’t ready yet.
- Pavilions: I touched on this before, but they aren’t here yet. You will need to bring your own sun protection
- Sunken Objects- Sorry folks, other than the Scuba Temple, there won’t be anything but nature to see. But there is plenty of that. More than you would think. As long as we take care of it, there will be plenty to see. We DO intend to sink a few things, but our intention is to make them special, and we will tell you more on that another time.
- Season and Yearly Passes- These will not be available for sale until the first of May. We will prorate the cost of these passes for the short season.
There will of course be procedures and requirements for access and these guidelines can be found on the Quarry Info page. Our professional customers that are looking to bring students to the facility can find more info on their requirements in the Professionals section of the website.