Welcome to Juturna Springs! On Father’s Day weekend we had a successful Grand Opening Weekend! We were so excited to see everyone that came out. Thank you for making it a success! Although we are still new, we still have lots of exciting things happening at the quarry.
We currently have 3 platforms at different depths (1 at 18ft and 2 at 25ft) for training that are marked with buoys. If you haven’t seen it yet, we have built an amazing dock/entrance platform that makes getting into the water super easy. In addition, we also have the beginnings of our Scuba Temple ready to dive.
We hope that you will continue to visit as we expand our amenities and continue to grow!
What we have:
- Training Platforms: 3 platforms that are 16ft wide by 32ft long. There will be two buoys with downlines on each platform.
- The Scuba Castle: It’s underwater, and it is cool. You’ll see.
- Changing Rooms: His and Hers climate controlled changing rooms. That’s right, even in the fall and winter, you can stay warm and toasty while changing.
- Picnic tables and Gear Stands: We have not been able to build you the pavilions yet, but we intend to provide plenty of seating and gear staging space. You are going to have to bring your own sun protection for now.
- Bathrooms: Ok, to start we won’t have the bathhouse. We did go all out to get the nicer port-a-pots. We also got several to avoid lines. This will hold us over until we can get the bath house built. And these models really are nice.
What we will have:
- Camping: We know this is a big one folks. Camping access is part of the development plan, but until we get the chosen space properly laid out we cannot have it. Luckily we are very close to Fredrick and an assortment of clean, quality accommodations for you to choose from if you are joining us from afar. We know this is not ideal and we are working as swiftly as we can to get that worked out.
- Air fills: We are getting the compressor building built close to the water, but we haven’t bought the compressor system yet. So, sadly, we can’t fill on site at this time. Though it is in the works, we will have to open without it running. There is a shop close by you may be able to run to for fills in the interim. I am not sure on the timing of this one, but the goal is for it to be the next thing we get installed.
- RV Hookups: Not yet guys. Sorry. It is in the plans for our build out but it isn’t ready yet.
- Pavilions: I touched on this before, but they aren’t here yet. You will need to bring your own sun protection
- Sunken Objects- Sorry folks, other than the Scuba Temple, there won’t be anything but nature to see. But there is plenty of that. More than you would think. As long as we take care of it, there will be plenty to see. We DO intend to sink a few things, but our intention is to make them special, and we will tell you more on that another time.
There will of course be procedures and requirements for access and these guidelines can be found on the Quarry Info page. Our professional customers that are looking to bring students to the facility can find more info on their requirements in the Professionals section of the website.